struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [s1+tiles2] Where does Tiles2-Struts1 integration belong?
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:15:31 GMT
On 12/5/06, Greg Reddin <greddin@apache.org> wrote:

> One alternative I thought of last night is to bring Struts-Tiles into
> the TLP as Tiles 1x.  We could quickly get a GA out so Tiles would
> have a GA in and of itself.  Then we could continue work on Tiles 2.
>
> Does anyone else see the need for that?

I see struts-tiles being left alone, and a new struts-tiles2 module
being introduced to provide Tiles 2 integration for those who want it.

My guess is that most Struts 1 users will stick with the original
struts-tiles, and that our users will come from Struts 2, Shale, and
possibly MyFaces (they have tiles integration also, with a dependency
on Struts 1.2).

I would rather not bring "Tiles 1" into the new TLP.

--
Wendy