struts-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <gred...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [s1+tiles2] Where does Tiles2-Struts1 integration belong?
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:23:21 GMT

On Dec 5, 2006, at 12:07 PM, David H. DeWolf wrote:

> Greg Reddin wrote:
>> One alternative I thought of last night is to bring Struts-Tiles
>> into the TLP as Tiles 1x.  We could quickly get a GA out so Tiles
>> would have a GA in and of itself.  Then we could continue work on
>> Tiles 2.
>> Does anyone else see the need for that?
>
> I'd prefer not.  I

Ok, the tribe has spoken :-)

> If compatibility is the major reason why you're looking for it, I'd
> much rather provide a compatibility package - much like what
> struts2 provides for struts1.

Not so much compatibility as availability.  The only way to get Tiles
right now is to get Struts so I've seen some "Where's Tiles?"
questions on the list.  But it's not really a big deal - especially
since the Struts 1x releases are listed on the Struts website menu.

Greg