struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: documentation question
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 01:06:15 GMT
The actual "tag reference" pages are mainly mainly a shell for pulling
in the "snippets" from the Javadocs. These are the pages linked from
here:

* http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/tag-reference.html

For example, here's what the "source" for the action tag page looks like:

----
{note}Please make sure you have read the [Tag Syntax] document and
understand how tag attribute syntax works.
{note}

h2. Description

{snippet:id=javadoc|javadoc=true|url=org.apache.struts2.components.ActionComponent}

h2. Parameters

{snippet:id=tagattributes|javadoc=false|url=struts2/docs/tags/ActionComponent.html}

h2. Examples

{snippet:id=javacode|javadoc=true|lang=java|url=org.apache.struts2.components.ActionComponent}
{snippet:id=webworkxml|javadoc=true|lang=xml|url=org.apache.struts2.components.ActionComponent}
{snippet:id=example|javadoc=true|lang=xml|url=org.apache.struts2.components.ActionComponent}
----

Much of the documentation brings in content from the Javadocs via the
snippet macro. The tag references pages are an extreme example.

For now, you could set something up on the s2wiki, and we'll port it
over to ww later.

-Ted.