struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David H. DeWolf" <ddew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [s1+tiles2] Where does Tiles2-Struts1 integration belong?
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 18:07:10 GMT

Greg Reddin wrote:
> One alternative I thought of last night is to bring Struts-Tiles into
> the TLP as Tiles 1x.  We could quickly get a GA out so Tiles would have
> a GA in and of itself.  Then we could continue work on Tiles 2.
>
> Does anyone else see the need for that?

I'd prefer not.  I think Tiles2 allows us to take a clean cut and
dragging Tiles1 along forces us to include some major struts dependencies.

If compatibility is the major reason why you're looking for it, I'd much
rather provide a compatibility package - much like what struts2 provides
for struts1.

David