struts-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <apetre...@apache.org>
Subject Tiles 1 under Tiles TLP (WAS: Re: [s1+tiles2] Where does Tiles2-Struts1 integration belong?)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:23:50 GMT
Greg Reddin ha scritto:
> One alternative I thought of last night is to bring Struts-Tiles into
> the TLP as Tiles 1x.  We could quickly get a GA out so Tiles would
> have a GA in and of itself.  Then we could continue work on Tiles 2.

I don't think that it is an alternative, but another issue. I mean that
Tiles 2 integration in Struts 1 should be built and it will remain
inside Struts; at the same time, we should decide whether to take Tiles
1 under Tiles TLP.

About moving Tiles 1 under Tiles TLP I see:
* Pros: we are the ones that know Tiles better, and we can concentrate
on Tiles issues.
* Cons: Tiles 1 belongs to Struts and it is tightly connected with it.

Just my 2 eurocents
Antonio