struts-dev mailing list archives

From Musachy Barroso <mbarr...@wfscorp.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Struts 2.0.2 Build - ON HOLD
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 04:03:13 GMT
Well, I need help on this one:

if (href != null)
   addParameter("href", UrlHelper.buildUrl(findString(href), request,
response, null));

I can't figure out how to know if href ("%{url}") is pointing to a url
that already contains the context. Checking if it starts with the
context really smells like a hack, and wouldn't work in the case when
the context is the same as the namespace (weird but possible after all).

musachy

Musachy Barroso wrote:
> The anchor demo on showcase will break, if it is holding the build we can
> just change the Anchor class, something like
>
> addParameter("href", null);
> addParameter("href", findString(href));
>
> to make it behave like before, I will fix it after 2.0.2 then. If
> there is
> anything else still pending I'd probably have time before the build. Ted?
>
> musachy
>
> On 12/4/06, Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote:
>>
>> I don't know - you are the one that wrote the patch :)  If we need to
>> break the new ajax tag to keep backward compatibility for the 2.0.2
>> release, I can live with it.  Are there any examples in the showcase
>> that would be broken if we reverted the anchor tag behavior?
>>
>> Don
>>
>> Musachy Barroso wrote:
>> > The problem is that for the ajax stuff it needs "buildUrl" to generate
>> > the
>> > right url, is there anything we can do to keep them both working?
>> >
>> > musachy

>> href

>> tag, it
>> again by