struts-dev mailing list archives

From Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: [S2] Struts 2.0.2 Build - ON HOLD
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 03:12:41 GMT
Musachy Barroso wrote:
> Before the anchor tag was processing the href attribute like this:
>
> addParameter("href", findString(href));
>
> after the changes for the ajax tags, they are all processing the href
> like this:
>
>  addParameter("href", UrlHelper.buildUrl(findString(href), request,
> response, null));
Ok, then that's the problem.  When generating a url via the URL tag, it
already calls that buildUrl method, so it shouldn't be called again by
the Anchor tag.  We should back that change out as it breaks existing
behavior.  In general, please do be careful not to change how a tag
works, as we are going for a fully backwards compatible release in
2.0.x, or at least as close as we can get.

Don