struts-dev mailing list archives

From Musachy Barroso <mbarr...@wfscorp.com>
Subject [ajaxtags] general purpose bind tag
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 23:21:02 GMT
Given that we already have a widget called "Bind"(I wrote it as a base
class for BindButton, and BindAnchor) which attaches itself to any html
element, and listens to any event to update target elements (plus all
the other stuff...beforeLoading...afterLoading...etc), I was wondering
if it would be a good idea to have a tag for it. That way users could
attach the asynchronous update behavior to any element+event+targets,
instead of having to write it themselves in javascript. All the code for
this is already in Bind.js and AbstractRemoteCallUIBean.java.

What do you guys think?

regards
musachy