struts-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <apetre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [tiles2] Tiles TLP and Dimensions incubation
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:58:44 GMT
Martin Cooper ha scritto:
> On 12/1/06, Antonio Petrelli <apetrelli@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Craig McClanahan ha scritto:
>> > The Dimensions code is going to have to go through
>> > the Incubator -- even though its likely that this can go very quickly,
>> > there
>> > is no reason to mess up the progress of the Tiles TLP proposal by
>> > trying to
>> > do them together.
>>
>> Hi Craig, when I wrote "at the same time" I did not mean "together".
>> Since probably Dimensions will become a subproject of Tiles TLP
> If Dimensions would ultimately be merged into Tiles, that is one
> thing, and
> that might be fine. If, however, you are thinking that Dimensions
> would live
> as a "similar concept but separate framework" to Tiles, but within the
> same
> TLP, that is quite another thing, and not something I would like to
> see, not
> to mention the ASF Board.

I see. In this case Dimensions does not exist without Tiles: maybe the
concept of "subproject" is wrong, it should be considered literally an
extension (it contains a lot of classes that extend Tiles ones), or a
component.
Is the concept of "component" or "extension" incompatible with possible
incubation into Tiles TLP?

Thanks
Antonio