struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tiles TLP
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 03:48:47 GMT
On 12/2/06, David H. DeWolf <ddewolf@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd like to begin the vote on the Tiles TLP Proposal [1] and Resolution
> [2].
>
> [X] +1  = Yes, let's ask the board to establish the Tiles TLP
> [] +0  = I'm in favor, to some extent.
> [] -0  = I'm not in favor but won't prevent it from happening.
> [] -1  = I'd rather see Tiles stay here or go somewhere else.

While I'm in favour of asking the board to establish the TLP, I'd like to
point out that the proposal document itself isn't necessary, at least in its
current form. The way it's written is what would be required if we were
presenting Tiles for incubation. Since we're not going that route, and will
simply be asking the board to approve Tiles as a TLP, we can be much more
brief. (For example, the cover letter to the resolution to make Struts a TLP
was little more than three sentences.)

Also, I've just made a few changes to the resolution, changing "Tiles" to
"Apache Tiles" in most places, and cleaning up some of the wording. It looks
pretty clean now - or at least as clean as the Struts one was when we
submitted it. :-)

--
Martin Cooper

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/struts/TilesTopLevel