struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ajaxtags] Wiki page
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 21:58:10 GMT
On 12/2/06, Musachy Barroso <musachy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for checking it out.
> > * In the example of the div tag that uses the handler attribute, would
> > the
> > handler ever actually be called? If so, when?
>
> I'll explain that better. If "handler" is specified, the div will call
> the "handler" function instead of making the request, you could use this
> to make the request yourself.

Right, I understand that part. However, in the example, unless I'm missing
something, there is nothing that will actually trigger a request, or a call
to "handler", in the first place.

> * The 'src' attribute of the submit tag is shown but not really
> > explained,
> > and not in the table of attributes.
> >

> Good point :).
>
> I still have to add the other widgets. The Date/Time picker and their
> dropdowns versions are  pure javascript, no ajax at all, should I
> include them in this page?

Ah, the inevitable penalty for overusing the term "AJAX". ;-) I'd suggest a
separate page, so that we leave this page focussed on the tags that do
actually make requests.

--
Martin Cooper

musachy