struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [s2][OT] Guice rocks
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:50:00 GMT
On 11/15/06, tm jee <tm_jee@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Guice doesn't seem to have a mailing list or forum. Does anyone know how to follow up
with development / news of Guice?

> It doesn't seem to have a documentation page as well, too bad for such a superb project.
:P Anyone knows about the plans of Guice?

Just ping Bob Lee, till he will answer :-).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

> tia.
>
> rgds
>
> Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote: Guice is the love child of our very own Bob
Lee of Google.  He wrote it
> for his applications at work that needed a DI library, but needed it to
> be small and very fast (he quotes some strange stat like 150x the speed
> of Spring).  In bug tickets and personal conversions, he hinted that he
> wanted to use it, once it went Open Source, in his new API, so I decided
> to take it a step further and put it at the core of XWork and Struts 2
> now.
>
> And I agree, it is a very impressive piece of code :)  I'm looking
> forward to finding new ways to use it better as we learn its capabilities.
>
> Don
>
> tm jee wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Sorry, this might be off topic a bit.
> >
> > Just want to say I really like Guice. Its simple, fast (amazing !!!), well written
> >
> > I like the code, its so clean and elegant (to me at least). For newbies like me
who are still trying to pick up the new features offered by Tiger, Guice is really a nice
tutorial (educative) to start off with. Just reading the code teaches me a great deal. Oh..
and the Apis are well thought out, nicely separate between internal and external where only
external stuff are expose as public. Its also makes good uses of Tiger's Threading capabilities....
:-)

> > Simply amazing. Kudos guys. Got to love Guice.
> >
> > p/s Btw, Don would you mind sharing with us where did you manage to find goodies
like Guice? I haven't heard about it until your post, maybe I am just too out-dated .... missing
all the fun....