struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Will Struts2 use OGNL as WW did?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 21:53:18 GMT
AFAIK, other projects have moved from OGNL usage. I am not gonna
discuss if it is a good or bad decision, but in case we are gonna move
away from it the old apps with heavy usage of OGNL will become more
complex to be migrated. Unfortunately, I am not sure how we can find
out what WW users have used in their apps, so far and how difficult
would be for them to migrate.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

On 11/1/06, Vitor Souza <forum-struts-dev@opensymphony.com> wrote:
> Just to complement the previous post, I quickly ported the application to Struts2 (by
the way, it was VERY easy to do it!) and removed my OgnlRuntime hack and it does cause the
problem.

> The log file is here: http://labes.inf.ufes.br/~vitor/ww_ognl_issue/cookbook-struts.log
>
> The source code (Eclipse project) is here: http://labes.inf.ufes.br/~vitor/ww_ognl_issue/Cookbook-struts2-src.zip
>

> To build, get all dependencies using Ivy then delete freemarker-2.3.jar, ognl-2.6.jar,
oscore-2.2.jar, webwork-2.2.jar, xwork-1.1.jar, xwork-rife-continuations-1.1.jar and xwork-tiger-1.1.jar.
In their place, put the following JARs from the Struts2 binary distribution: freemarker-2.3.4.jar,
ognl-2.6.7.jar, struts2-api-2.0.1.jar, struts2-core-2.0.1.jar, struts2-sitemesh-plugin-2.0.1.jar
and xwork-2.0-beta-1.jar.