struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Releasing Tiles (was: Re: [s2] 2.0.2 release this weekend)
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:20:51 GMT
On 11/20/06, David H. DeWolf <ddewolf@apache.org> wrote:
> How about getting an initial tiles release out so that the 2.0.2 tiles
> plugin can rely upon it instead of a snapshot? It would probably only be
> 'alpha' quality at this point, but the same snapshot logic that you
> described below applies to it.
>
> I'll do the release (prior to the weekend), if someone that's done one
> before will help me through it.

Tiles 2 is in the sandbox, and sandbox projects are not allowed to do
releases.  Choosing a particular snapshot for Struts 2 to depend on is
all we can do, unless we change the rules.

If Tiles is ready to graduate, then we need to decide where it's going
to live.  Top level?  Over at Jakarta, or wasn't there some sort of
'web components' project being started?

--
Wendy