struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshot Unique Versions (was Re: Struts 2 + Tiles 2 build failure)
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:16:11 GMT
On 11/1/06, David H. DeWolf <ddewolf@apache.org> wrote:

> This is specified in the master pom, right?
>
> What's the thought process behind NOT having timestamped snapshots?  Is
> the idea that you want to force people to stay current?

Nothing more than that the repository will fill up with timestamped
versions, and the filenames are ugly.  (I wish it would publish
struts-core-2.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar along with the timestamped version, but
it doesn't.)  We'll need to clean it up periodically.

I think we should change it both for Struts and for XWork.

--
Wendy