struts-dev mailing list archives

From Musachy Barroso <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ajaxtags] Tree and Autocompleter
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:35:01 GMT
I attached the patch to WW-1520, there is a folder that needs to be
added to showcase/.../ajax. There is a problem with Dojo's combobox, the
first time that you click on a combobox it will show the dropdown at the
bottom of the page and then move it to the right position, I only see it
on FF. As per this dojo issue:

 http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/1978

, it is a browser limitation 'cause they need to render the control in
order to know the size. This would make a good candidate to be included
in the FAQs. The problem is that they give the option of limiting the
number of visible elements in the dropdown, so they need the size, I
think users would rather set a fixed size to the dropdown than having a
dropdown-flash at the bottom of the page, I certainly don't like this
flashing widget :(

regards
musachy