struts-dev mailing list archives

From Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: [s2] Move Ognl code base into Struts2
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:32:27 GMT
What would be the advantage?  I'm open to the idea, but need to be
convinced of the value.  Guice was included because:
 1. I didn't want the Guice classes interfering with Struts
applications, if they wanted to run a newer version of Guice
 2. Guice is only a few classes

The problems with OGNL is it is used by many different projects, and we
require no special customizations, so why would we need to fork it?  It
is really unlikely that a Struts application would want to use a
different version of OGNL so reason #1 wouldn't apply, and IIRC, it is
somewhat large so reason #2 wouldn't apply either.  Finally, we do have
access to OGNL, so any changes we need, we can make.

Don