struts-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <apetre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [tiles2] AttributeTag.preprocessAttribute disappearance
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:40:12 GMT
David H. DeWolf ha scritto:
> Can you help me understand why those created from the factory are
> "consistent"?

Err... I am not that sure... I think that preprocessing should happen
also to "configured" attributes, I thought that
ComponentDefinitionsImpl.resolveAttributes fixed the attributes, but it
seems that it doesn't.

> We definitely could do this type of thing at creation time - for both
> those defined through the tag and those defined through the factory.
> I don't really have a strong opinion either way, but my inclination
> would be to resolve the unspecified type 'just in time'. . .

Ok, then I think that "preprocessAttribute" should be re-put.

> 2) Accept this small overhead in order to allow this property to morph
> as new definitions are registered.
>
> What I don't think we want is to require the tag to differentiate
> between tag created definitions and container created definitions.
>
> Agree?

Ok, but leave SB-49 open, so maybe one day we will fix it.

Ciao
Antonio