struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2 & AJAX only with dojo?
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:23:42 GMT
I for one tend to agree... anything included in the core product
inherently makes people think that's what they should be using, the way
things should be done... for all Dojo's good points, there's hundreds of
other options out there, people should understand they have a choice.
This isn't just a Dojo thing, I'd say the same thing if it was Prototype,
APT, DWR, etc.

That being said, I do very much believe the various themes should be kept
close to the core, i.e., some sort of endorsed add-ons or something of
that nature, right there on the download page next to S2 itself... I
definitely do think it should be as easy as possible for someone to drop
in a scriptaculous theme, or an AjaxTags theme, or whatever else, and get
to work very quickly.

Validation is a tough question because ideally you'd want to be able to
flip a switch and use AJAX to do validations if you want to, but then you
right away have to ask what library do you use?  Maybe that's a place to
just write some simple Javascript and not use a library at all, much like
valdator emits its own JS (debatable).

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti