struts-dev mailing list archives

From Rene Gielen <forum-struts-...@opensymphony.com>
Subject Re: [s2] XWork2 release plan
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:49:49 GMT
Hi Ted, Musachy, others,

I remember this ticket... :-/
Got stuck with maven2 last time I looked into it, before with my daytime business catched
me again.

The ww taglib xdoclet generation was a hack of the original tld generation stuff from xdoclet1,
and that is one of the reasons why it was that hard to integrate in the new maven build system.

I would really vote for switching apt, too. Annotations is one of the best improvements tiger
introduced, und using apt would give us true flexibility while dropping build dependencies.
And it is "standard".

For the conversion of javadoc comments to annotations, this would be pretty easy to do with
Idea, some nice regexp replacements & some sensible review. I could offer my help on this,
cause next week I've got some time left :)  Btw, we should also remember the html artifacts
produced by the tld generation, needed for snippet based documentation.

Regards,
Rene