struts-dev mailing list archives

From Jikes2005 <forum-struts-...@opensymphony.com>
Subject Struts with non-struts pages.
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:49:46 GMT
Hi,

I currently have a pure struts application, to which I need to add new features/functionality,
which I believe can't be handled by struts.

The new JSP pages which I'm creating will consist of dynamic form elements (which means i
won't know their names until it's created dynamically by taglibs), which means i can't use
standard ActionForm objects to have it handled by struts.

Hence, I'm thinking of having two different controllers - One derived from ActionServlet,
and another derived from HttpServlet - for taking care of new dynamic pages. Based on the
URL thats invoked, the appropriate controllers is invoked. I'm not thinking of using the ActionServlet
controller because this brings Struts in scope, and is of no use to my new pages.

I'm not very well happy with the multiple controller idea here. Is there a way Struts can
integrate well with non-Struts pages? Has anybody worked on such cases?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
--
Anish.