struts-dev mailing list archives

From tm jee <tm_...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [s2] Servlet 2.4 for the starter archetype?
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 00:07:56 GMT
Hi guys,

I've go ahead make the following changes on struts2-archetype-starter :-

- make web.xml 2.4 compatible instead of 2.3 (removed the taglib portion and add the appripriate
2.4 web-app tag)
- corrected the unused 'home.html' link

> The next question is, where are Sitemesh tags used at
> all in that archetype?

Sitemesh tag isn't really being used. Sitemesh decorator in  main./WEB-INF/decorators/main.ftl
decorates the page using ${title}, ${head} and ${body} etc which is put into freemarker's
model by FreeMarkerPageFilter.

> I think the  elements and the tlds can be removed from the
> archetype.

Yup, i guess so as well. :-)

Thx for the info.

cheers.

Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote: On 11/7/06, Matt Raible  wrote:

> Yes, they are.  I haven't used a  in my web.xml in years. ;-)
> It is needed by some 2.3 containers, but shouldn't be needed according
> to the spec.

Me, neither. :)  The next question is, where are Sitemesh tags used at
all in that archetype?

The only occurrences of 'sitemesh-decorator' and 'sitemesh-page' are
in web.xml and the tlds themselves.  I have no idea how Freemarker and
Sitmesh work together, but there are no JSP tags that I can see.  I
think the  elements and the tlds can be removed from the
archetype.

(And while we're here, the 'Home' link on the menu goes to home.html,
which doesn't exist in the webapp generated from the archetype.)

--
Wendy