struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [s1.3.6]: New label tag
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 20:03:23 GMT
On 11/23/06, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:

> Based on the discussions, I propose the following additional tag
> libraries then:

> These tags will be tied to a specified name/property, have their
> errorStyleXXX properties available, and an optional flag to skip the
> body if there is no error:

You meant 'errorStyleClass' here, right?

  <label>First Name</label>

> should output on an error:
>
> But perhaps you want to output some prolog after the label on an error:
> <label>First Name
> errorSkip="true">(oops)</html:span>

Now we're adding more functionality that's quite different from what we've
been talking about up to now. I'd prefer to leave this out and either
suggest that people use a JSTL conditional for this, or provide a separate
tag that does something akin to the JSTL 'if' tag based on a property value.

</label>

> This will only output "(oops)" inside the label if the firstName
> property is in error.

Well, the span would still be there, right? (But see my comment above about
having this at all.)

--
Martin Cooper

Is this acceptable? Feedback desired.