struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [s 1.3.6]: New label tag
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 05:58:16 GMT
On 11/20/06, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> In my opinion, that feature would be too customized. I don't want to
> force people into any particular style. You may like asterisks, but
> other people prefer bold text, or some other character and styling. Do
> you have a more generalized idea?

:-)

This is *exactly* why I was suggesting a tag that simply renders a span or a
div that can take care of rendering differences, regardless of the content
within them.

In your reply to my earlier message, you described it as "a radical new tag
library structure", which I didn't get, but now you're advocating what I was
suggesting. So perhaps we agree on this after all.

--
Martin Cooper

Paul