struts-dev mailing list archives

From "David H. DeWolf" <ddew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [tiles2] Tiles Container API? (was Re: [tiles2] TilesContextFactory refactor)
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 01:52:56 GMT
I don't see these factory implementations changing much.  Instead, what
will change is how tiles interfaces with surrounding frameworks.
Specifically how it is:

1) Configured/Initialized
2) Invoked
3) Destroyed

By surrounding frameworks.

Instead of utilizing a series of static invocations, what I envision is
a container being instantiated and initialized. When ever the framework
needs to invoke it, it will retrieve it - probably from a static cache
that it maintains or from the servlet context - and will invoke instance
methods.

What this does is create a "container" environment in which frameworks
can "inject" custom implementations of the different Factories/Service.
  By taking this approach, I think it will be easier to support this
level of customization.  We will also avoid the common classloader issue
which we briefly mentioned and thus be able to support multiple
application contexts if necessary (even though we decided it's not).

David