struts-dev mailing list archives

From Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: Struts2 - FATAL ERROR while running mvn install
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:33:39 GMT
This issue is expected.  The problem, as I see it, is you are trying to
build the latest 'core' trunk, but you don't have its dependency, the
struts2-parent POM version 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT, in your repository.  To fix
this, run 'mvn -N install' from the struts2/ directory, which will
install the POM into your local repo.

 From our end, we should publish the 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT artifacts to our
snapshot repo so not everyone has to do this.

Don

Struts 2.0.1 distribution. I'll forward this to dev@.

> In the meantime, you should be able to reference Struts 2.0.1 development build from
your POM, if  the snapshot repostiory is referenced.

> <repositories>
>   <repository>
>     <id>ASF_SNAPSHOT_M2</id>
>     <name>ASF Maven 2 Snapshot</name>
>     <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
>   </repository>
> </repositories>
>
> -Ted.
>
> On 10/13/06, Arevalo, Cesar (GE Comm Fin, non-ge) <cesar.arevalo@ge.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Had been working fine with Struts2 repo a couple of days ago, however I had a problem
with my tortoise client and had to start over again. So I went and downloaded the Struts2
repo again into my machine. However when running the mvn install over my struts2 folder I
got the following:

>> C:\cvs\stuts2>mvn install
>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>> [INFO]
>> --
>> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
>> [INFO]
>> --
>> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>>
>> GroupId: org.apache.struts
>> ArtifactId: struts2-parent
>> Version: 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> Reason: Unable to download the artifact from any repository
>>
>>   org.apache.struts:struts2-parent:pom:2.0.2-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> from the specified remote repositories:
>>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>>

>> [INFO]
>> --
>>

>> ... thought of deleting the .m2 folder that maven creates for its repository in my
home folder (in C:\Documents and Settings) but again if failed with the same error. Wonder
if you could help me?

>> Regards
>> Cesar Arevalo
>> Cedar Rapids Local Dev Team
>> T:      (+52) 449 910 7800 x9284
>> D:      *879 9284
>> C:      (+52) 465 1030121
>> e:      cesar.arevalo@ge.com
>> M:      Ave. Universidad 1001, Torre Plaza Bosques Building, 3rd Floor
>> Bosques del Prado. C.P. 20127
>> Aguascalientes, Ags - México
>>
>> IMPORTANT: The documents and files attached to this transmission contain confidential
information that must be kept secret by law. This information is for the exclusive use of
the specified recipient whose name appears in this transmission. If you have received this
message by mistake, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete the file and
its attachments. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying, distribution or
adoption of any action arising from the confidential information contained herein is strictly
prohibited. Any violation will be penalized by law.