struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [tiles2] Add JSTL dependency to test webapp
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:59:22 GMT
On 9/4/06, Antonio Petrelli <brenmcguire@tariffenet.it> wrote:
> To test an issue:
> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SB-34
> I need to use JSTL in the test webapp Since I am not a Maven whiz, I
> hope that someone can add a Maven dependency to JSTL (Wendy, I suppose).
> Can anyone do it for me, please?
> Thanks in advance

I think you need both of these:

            <dependency>
                <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
                <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
                <version>1.1.2</version>
            </dependency>

            <dependency>
                <groupId>taglibs</groupId>
                <artifactId>standard</artifactId>
                <version>1.1.2</version>
            </dependency>

The default scope is "compile" time, which will put it on the
classpath for compilation as well as include it in WEB-INF/lib.

Mehdi is suggesting "runtime" scope which will keep it out of the
compile-time classpath.

See: http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html

I didn't add this to the tiles-test pom, so go ahead.

--
Wendy