struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 2.0.0 - STATUS
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:14:17 GMT
On 9/18/06, Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote:
> The code is looking good, so thanks to everyone who is helping
> push this out.

The code does look good, in fact, every part of the distribution looks
great. The last mile of the assembling the distribution is grisy,
because we are doing some odd things, but the end product is
outstanding. We have WARs, and JARs, and Docs, J4s, and archetypes to
boot. Pier's autoexport plugin for Confluence is working well for us.
I especially like the uplinks for editing the live pages..

>From the traffic on the user list, it's obvious that people have been
using the August snapshot. I expect even more brave souls will be
using the September update. And, in a few days time, we're liable to
have an actual 2.0.0 alpha that people will be able to fetch via
Maven.

In the meantime, there still plenty fun stuff left to do on the 2.0.1 list!

I don't know about anyone else, but the more I use Struts 2, the more
I like it. I'm working on the Migration tutorial for ApacheCon now,
and putting the S1 and S2 stuff side-by-side is a real eye-opener.
Film at 11 :)

-Ted.