struts-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <gred...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r449993 - /struts/sandbox/trunk/tiles/tiles-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/tiles-core.tld
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:45:10 GMT

On Sep 26, 2006, at 10:32 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:

>> Sorry, I've had a long month this week....
>
> Just an OT question :-) , what does this turn-of-speech mean?

The last week has been so crazy it feels like it's been a month :-)
I assume you've heard the phrase "It's been a long day" or "... a
long week" or "... a long month", which means, of course that the
day, week, or month has been difficult.  Well, saying "it's been a
long week" is not enough.  It's been such a long week that it feels
like it's been a month :-)

Hope that makes sense.

Greg