struts-dev mailing list archives

From tm jee <tm_...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Framework plugin architecture (was Re: [s2] Logging levels)
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:50:11 GMT
Thx for the tips Antonio. Looks interesting. :-)

I guess we might want to keep it simple for the time being as Don mentioned in the replying
email.

----- Original Message ----
From: Antonio Petrelli <brenmcguire@tariffenet.it>
To: Struts Developers List <dev@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 12 September, 2006 10:29:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Proposal] Framework plugin architecture (was Re: [s2] Logging levels)

tm jee ha scritto:
> Another thing we might want to considered is the dependency of plugins. If say plugin
A needs some stuff declared in plugin B, it might not work, depending on which gets loaded
first in the classpath.  Or would this make thing unnecessarily complicated?

It seems that this problem has been addressed by Eclipse team, and one
day I found this blog entry:
http://www.eclipsezone.com/eclipse/forums/t64085.html
And it uses Struts as an example.
I don't know if it could help, but it's worth a look.