struts-dev mailing list archives

From tm jee <tm_...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [s2] maven archetype
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 05:54:00 GMT
Thx for the tips Wendy. Created a jira issue under archetype module. Its at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-54

 rgds

----- Original Message ----
From: Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com>
To: Struts Developers List <dev@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, 4 September, 2006 11:28:16 AM
Subject: Re: [s2] maven archetype

On 9/3/06, tm jee <tm_jee@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>  Is there a way allow resource generated by maven archetype to change dynamically.
>  The files under the generated resources directory seems to be static. It doesn't seems
to change accordingly with the -DgroupId argument passed in. Is there a way to configured
it to change according to the groupId?

Apparently not.  In a prior version of Maven Archetype, you could put
non-Java files in the <sources> section, and it would put them in the
proper package structure.

There are some notes in the Shale Blank archetype.xml file [1].  It
probably needs to be raised in Maven's JIRA.  I haven't filed it, let
me know the issue number if you do.

      <resource>src/main/resources/Bundle.properties</resource>

(And it's actually packageName, though that will default to groupId if
you don't specify it.)

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/maven/trunk/archetypes/shale-archetype-blank/src/main/resources/META-INF/archetype.xml

--
Wendy