struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Archetype version numbers
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 02:58:33 GMT
I've been thinking about archetype version numbers lately.  I'd like
to release a 'blank' archetype for the 1.2 branch in addition to the
one for 1.3.

To avoid confusion, I'm going to change the version number on the
archetypes to match the Struts version number they are intended to
work with.

This actually how they started out, then I changed them to avoid being
locked into a single archetype release per framework release.  But
this isn't really an issue -- if we release an archetype for 1.3.5,
and then need to make a change, we can use 1.3.5.1 or 1.3.5b.

This was prompted by Brett's JavaPosse interview in which he claimed
that Maven had something to help you quickly set up a Struts app.
When questioned later, he said that he meant an archetype... so we
should probably actually have one out there. :)

--
Wendy