struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [s2] Action ! Method syntax (was Freemarker transform name)
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:57:46 GMT
On 8/25/06, Ian Roughley <ian@fdar.com> wrote:
> I've also used the ! notation extensively, and am disappointed that it
> is being removed.

No one ever suggested that it be removed. It's been suggested that we
try to replicate the same functionality with wildcards. I tried it
myself in an example, and it seemed to work just fine.

> One thing that I have not seen any mention of yet is conflicting
> mappings - what happens? Which has the priority?  What happens if larger
> application want one to take preference in one circumstance, and a
> different one under another scenario?  I would argue that a sufficiently
> large application has not been converted to ensure these issues would
> not arise.

Which is why we added the switch. So people could try things
alternatives and see how well they worked.

-Ted.