struts-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [user-question] Forward back to the page you came from
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:55:07 GMT
I have actions like this:

<action path="loadPerson" /> forwards to edit
<action path="editPerson" /> displays page
<action path="savePerson" /> forwards to previous page

If you think about what these mappings are, they are really actions
(functions) of a person page. You go to a page to view a person and then
you use the page to save a person.

loadPerson and savePerson are what I call business actions. Because they
perform some heavy operation and then forward off to some view. My
editPerson is an action specifically for viewing data; it takes data
already loaded and saves it. Which of these would be "pages"? only
editPerson, imo, since it's purpose is to render data.

You should read Michael's article on it. It's excellent
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2005/08/04/jspcomponents.html?page=1

Paul