struts-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Duplicate action ids - how to handle?
Date Sun, 27 Aug 2006 05:50:17 GMT
I will add this to the comments of STR-2864 when finished. Please answer
the following question if you have opinion about this:

To employ uniqueness checking of an actionId, I added to
ModuleConfigImpl.addActionConfig. That method currently overwrites any
action configs that are duplicate -- the last one is the winner. Should
I take the same approach for duplicate ids? Or should I throw an
exception on duplication? I'd like some guidance here because I don't
know which makes more sense; I tend towards throwing an error (duplicate
ids smell), but history allows the last one win.

Paul