struts-dev mailing list archives

From Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: Whose log is this anyway? (was Re: [s1] Commons-Lang)
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:22:06 GMT
Well, for one, we only really need one logging instance for the whole
library.  Second, and admittedly this is subjective, the
java.util.logging API is a horribly designed, obtuse API.  I'd rather
see us write a small, clean API along the lines of Seam's logging class
that utilizes varargs to reduce the need for isDebugEnabled().

http://docs.jboss.com/seam/latest/reference/en/html/concepts.html#d0e2598

Don