struts-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Lightbody <forum-struts-...@opensymphony.com>
Subject Re: [s2] Validation
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 10:49:22 GMT
Ted,
Good questions. Related to that - why is it than i18n resource bundles are tied to the action
class rather than the _view_ (the view would tend to make more sense, I believe).

This is the kind of stuff we should clean up with Struts 2.

One thing I'd add before Jason chimes in is that you can tie validation to the action name
by naming the file ActionClasss-actionName-validation.xml. But you still also must have the
action class in the filename as well.

Perhaps the best thing to do to address these little issues is to mock out what an ideal webapp
would look like using ideal configurations/annotations. It won't work, of course, but it would
be a great blueprint for what we should aim for.