struts-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Lightbody <forum-struts-...@opensymphony.com>
Subject Re: [s2] Convention over Configuration (was Validation)
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 12:56:37 GMT
Heh - well, that's how this was implemented in the first place. I wrote my own ActionMapper.
My point is that I have seen a lot of success with a combination of ActionMapper+Convention-based-configuration,
and I think we should really think about pushing this to a broader set of users.

I think Don and I agree though - implementing this stuff as wildcards would be very difficult.
Our thought instead was to implement it as the recommended approach to get started, but then
allow for all the standard overrides via XML that you can do today in WebWork, as well as
wildcard support there. Then everyone wins.