struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Bertelsen" <bertelsen.e...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whose log is this anyway? (was Re: [s1] Commons-Lang)
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:59:09 GMT
2006/8/22, Martin Cooper <martinc@apache.org>:

> As long as the log output and log configuration for my end application is
> unified - so Struts output and Commons component output go to the same
> place
> - then I'm OK with using something other than Commons Logging, if we have
> to.

Dear all,

this is exactly my concern in this discussion:  I want to  be  able to
control all logging from my application in one place. For me Commons Logging
has been a way to achieve this except for one third part package that
decided to use java.util.Logging explicitly where everything else uses
commons-logging which in turn is calling log4j at my choice.

I don't care too much whether I have to use  java.util.Logging or something
else, but one log configuration file and (if I want it) one log file per
application is my requirement.

Of course I expect any changes in Struts logging to continuing to support
this and also to play well with the application container (in my case
Tomcat).

regards
- Erik