struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r437956 - in /struts/struts1/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/struts: action/ chain/commands/ chain/commands/servlet/ config/ config/impl/ util/
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 00:58:25 GMT
On 8/29/06, Paul Benedict <pbenedict@apache.org> wrote:

> I never tried changing the log message and I don't know if I should :-)
> The message is exactly what I intended to be: completes the ticket. I
> don't want to touch multiple projects under this ticket; I will open up
> one for taglib and one for the examples app. But because you feel
> strongly I should include a message, I will include a description in the
> future even if it is the same as the ticket title.

The way I look at it is that if I am looking through the SVN logs to see
when a particular change happened (and not specifically for when a
particular issue was resolved), it's really quite annoying to find log
entries that have nothing but an issue number in them. It tells me nothing,
and now I have to go off to JIRA to find out what that was all about.

Adding a brief description along with the issue number allows me to quickly
get an idea of what might have happened in a particular commit without
leaving the tool that I'm in each time I look at a new revision entry.

My 2 cents.

--
Martin Cooper

-- Paul