struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.x docs & Maven
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:32:04 GMT
On 7/18/06, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:

> Before coding against the Maven generated bookmarks, personally I'd
> wait for it to go GA. I'm thinking they might change in the next beta.
> Right now, the bookmarks retain spaces from the titles, which are hard
> to code into direct references. Hopefully, a "hash" system will be
> used that strips the spaces and other characters that we would have to
> encode in a URI.

M1 used to replace spaces with underscores, so you'd get
page.html#Section_Name.  Now (m2, as of maven-site-plugin 2.0-beta-5)
it's page.html#Section%20Name.

Like Michael, I'd prefer to be able to specify the anchor with
<section href="..." >.  That way, editing the section title won't
break links to it.  In fact I think support for href was added to m1
due to FOP choking on duplicate ids when generating the PDF.

Ted, have you seen this under discussion at Maven or in JIRA?

--
Wendy