struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.x docs & Maven
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 03:57:16 GMT
On 7/17/06, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:

> I suspect that if we want the bookmarks, we will have to use <a
> name=/> tags. If someone wanted to patch Maven, I'd suggest generating
> the bookmarks automatically, the way Confluence does. I'd also
> consider taking the outline numbers out of the user guide, since
> create extra maintenance.

+1 on removing the numbers.  In addition to requiring more work to add
a section, they also caused problems with the Maven-1 generated PDF of
the website, which created its own table of contents and section
numbers.  I expect to have similar issues when Maven 2 is able to
generate a PDF version of the website.  (Not yet, unfortunately.)

The m2 site plugin does generate bookmarks from the section titles.
Compare this to the source of the Shale index page, and you'll see
them:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/trunk/src/site/xdoc/index.xml
(We're probably using different versions -- the Struts pom specifies
maven-site-plugin 2.0-beta-4, and Shale is using 'the latest' which I
believe is 2.0-beta-5.)

--
Wendy