struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: API Doc Title
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 21:57:25 GMT
On 7/5/06, Michael Jouravlev <jmikus@gmail.com> wrote:

> The disagreement and confusion is having and publicly using "1" and
> "2" labels. Do we use them internally? Do we use them publicly? What
> do these labels mean? Do they identify generations like Java and Java2
> or Win9x and WinNT, or do they identify major version number? That was
> the reason why I resurrected this thread. Please allow me to quote
> myself (with modifications):

I don't see much difference in the two approaches.  If it has anything
to do with "marketing" then I object on general principles. ;)

It's just Struts.  Depending on the context, use a version number if
it makes things more clear.  Or not, if it doesn't.

Expect to find (and fix!) inconsistencies all over the documentation--
it's been rearranged and renamed multiple times in the past year.
Here's hoping this is the last time...

--
Wendy