struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The build seems to be broken...
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 00:55:21 GMT
On 6/30/06, Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote:

> That's a file I put in xwork, but it says it was checked in.  I'll look into it
> more later when I get home.

Apparently, Maven 2.0.4 will not retrieve updated snapshots if they're
deployed with uniqueVersion=false, so that the version is just
-SNAPSHOT without the date/timestamp. :(

 * http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1908

I've definitely seen this, but since I either build from source (so
the updated snapshot is installed locally) or just rm -rf
$M2_REPO/path/to/groupId occasionally, I never paid much attention.

To "fix" it, you can...
 - build XWork from source yourself,
 - delete $M2_REPO/opensymphony/xwork occasionally
 - convince the xwork devs to deploy unique snapshots

--
Wendy