struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Bob Lee" <crazy...@crazybob.org>
Subject Re: Returning Result directly (was Re: DefaultActionMapper compatablity swi
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 03:58:18 GMT
On 7/25/06, Jason Carreira <forum-struts-dev@opensymphony.com> wrote:
> What happened to not coupling code to the framework?

That's one of many factors that should impact a design decision.

> Oh please no... please no abstract methods with magic implementations. What happens when
you go to debug the class?

The debugger would step from your action into the result. You rave
about Hibernate and AOP; how do you debug those?

If you get an exception in your result, the action that led to it will
be in the stack trace; that's more than you can say about the current
state of affairs.

Some people want a simpler, more or less flexible approach in addition
to the current one, and there's nothing wrong with that; I was just
responding with some brainstorming. Feel free to throw out better
ideas.

Bob