struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [s2] Tag prefixes
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:00:24 GMT
On 7/18/06, Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote:
> I like core better because it fits our naming conventions better and aligns with
> the JSTL convention.

I'd suggest that it aligns a bit too much. If we use "core" in the
URI, there will be a tedency to refer to the "core tags", which will
be confused with the JSTL core tags.

There was talk before about calling these critters the "Struts Tags",
so why not go with that?

> As for the module names, what about we rename the artifact id's to simply
> "core", "apps", and "extras", then use the "jarName" property [1] of the jar
> plugin to specify the full "struts-*-VERSION.jar" name?

Would that work with future releases of 1.x too?

My problem is that I'm easily confused. I've been working with SVN
from the command line lately, and I even confuse "$ svn" with "$ mvn".

-Ted.