struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.x docs & Maven
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:13:13 GMT
> The m2 site plugin does generate bookmarks from the section titles.
> Compare this to the source of the Shale index page, and you'll see
> them:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/trunk/src/site/xdoc/index.xml
> (We're probably using different versions -- the Struts pom specifies
> maven-site-plugin 2.0-beta-4, and Shale is using 'the latest' which I
> believe is 2.0-beta-5.)

Of course, there are reasons why we aren't using beta-5 :)

Before coding against the Maven generated bookmarks, personally I'd
wait for it to go GA. I'm thinking they might change in the next beta.
Right now, the bookmarks retain spaces from the titles, which are hard
to code into direct references. Hopefully, a "hash" system will be
used that strips the spaces and other characters that we would have to
encode in a URI.

-Ted.

-Ted