struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: API Doc Title
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:44:29 GMT
On 7/5/06, Michael Jouravlev <jmikus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Having a system is usually a good thing.

Perhaps it would help to define these terms, which I think many people
use naturally.

Struts 2 - The product represented by the repository head.

Struts 2.x - The product that the repository head is becoming.

Struts 2.0.0 - The version of the product we are working to release now.

In general, I feel the documentation should avoid too many direct
references to the product name. On the the last pass, I used
"framework" as much as possible and SAF2 on occasion. Now, I would use
Struts 2 wherever I was using SAF2 or SAF 2.

-Ted.