struts-dev mailing list archives

From Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: [s2] Tag prefixes
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:25:04 GMT
Ted Husted wrote:
> On 7/18/06, Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org> wrote:
>> I like core better because it fits our naming conventions better and
>> aligns with
>> the JSTL convention.
>
> I'd suggest that it aligns a bit too much. If we use "core" in the
> URI, there will be a tedency to refer to the "core tags", which will
> be confused with the JSTL core tags.

Actually, the "core" is also used by JSF, so I think there is strong precedent.
  Still, if you feel strongly about it, I could live with "tags".

> There was talk before about calling these critters the "Struts Tags",
> so why not go with that?

We talked before about splitting tags into their own module, however, it is one
of those things that may be nice, but no one has thought it important enough to
push the issue or give it a shot.

Don