struts-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <paul4chris...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 500 or 404 for an unknown action?
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 04:36:39 GMT
I wrote too soon. All I need to do is set one of my actions to be unknown="true" and redirect
it to the 404 page. Thanks.

Paul Benedict <paul4christ79@yahoo.com> wrote: If I attempt to execute an action that
does not exist (blah.do), I get a 500. Shouldn't this really be a 404? I find it inappropriate
it's an internal server error for a resource which is missing. Granted, it's not a file resource,
but it is a virtual resource which does not exist.

How do others feel about it? I personally would like to change the behavior of 1.x on this.

Paul